In order to use S-Parameter files in a schematic, they must first be imported into the project. The imported data will be saved with the project file so that the project is not dependent on the external s-parameter files.
1) Import an S-Parameter file by selecting by selecting File->S-Param Data from the action bar menu.
2) This opens up the S-Parameter Data Set Manager
3) Press add data to access the File Open dialog. By default, the path for s-parameters is /RFDesigner/sparam. It is recommended that all s-parameter files are stored here, but it is possible to navigate elsewhere in the file system.
4) The S-Parameter Data Set Manager displays each imported s-parameter file. Also displayed are the number of ports for each data set as well as the option line of each file which describes how the data is formatted. The name of the s-parameter data set defaults to the file name that was imported, but this can be changed by pressing the rename button after selecting a data set. Once all the s-parameter file has been imported, navigate back to the schematic by pressing either the back button or the back arrow found in the upper left corner of the action bar.
5) Add an s-parameter block element (found under Linear Elements in the Parts Navigation Drawer) to the schematic.
6) While the part is selected (it will be shown as blue) double tap the screen to open the Part Properties dialog. Select the desired data set from the Data Set drop down menu and press OK.
7) Finish the schematic and simulate and view your results.
Links to tutorial videos and manuals
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest